How to use Virtual Writing Tutor?
How to use a grammar checker online?
Introduction
Hi! My name is Eve and I’m going to show you how to use a free grammar checker online. I’m currently studying Police Technology at Ahuntsic College and I’ve been studying in this program for over a year now. I think Police Technology is very fascinating and what I like the most about this program is the practical classes. After college, I need to go to Nicolet which is the National Police School, and then, I would like to work at the SPVM as a police officer.
The Problem
My future job would require a lot of writings when it comes to reports or even tickets and this is where a grammar checker online can be very handy.
The Quest
Let’s start by going to the website we are going to be using. At the top of the screen in the middle, in the address bar, we are going to write the URL of the website which is “virtualwrintingtutor.com”.
Now that we are on the website, the first thing we notice is the logo in the top left corner of the screen. Then, in the top right corner we have the share button if we would like to share the website.
We have a navigation bar that helps us to navigate on the website or if you would like to learn more about it.
Just underneath that, we have all the different things you can check in your text for example word count, vocabulary, and many more.
In the middle of the screen is the text area where you must write your text before checking it.
In the left lower corner of that box, we have a microphone where you can tell your sentence out loud, and the website will write it down for you. Then, you have a speaker button that is helpful when you are not sure of the pronunciation of a certain word because it’s going to read it out loud.
The Solution
I think the most important tool I’m going to be using as a police officer is the grammar checker. You can now write in the box the sentence or the text you want to check.
As an example, “When I arrest him, he was walking down the street.” Then, you click on the “check grammar” button just on top and all the information is going to show up. You can see the word count, the paragraph count, the error count, and even the error density in your text.
Underneath that, your mistakes are underlined in red and there’s even feedback, the error type, and a suggestion that is given to you.
The Conclusion
So, this is how you can use a free grammar checker online and I hope it will help you in the future.
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 460
Total MP3 length: 02:32
Target structure count: 10
Error count: 0
Error density: 0%
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire